The Cube Efffect [was: Yanking the Window Shade]

feba thatl febaen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:57:12 CST 2008

> I've heard much of the famed cube effect, and I think I have an
> adequately powerful test box on which to run it.

I've got a 2.4GHz P4, 512MB of RAM, and a GeForce 6200 LE, and compiz
still runs great. You should be golden. I have no idea *cough* why
Vista's graphical effects take so much, but compiz seems to be more
along the lines of OS X's graphics effects in terms of power. Only
reason I stopped using it was because it doesn't play nice with 3D
games and Wine, but most people don't need to worry about that.