The Cube Efffect [was: Yanking the Window Shade]

Jestin Stoffel jestin.stoffel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:23:59 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 10:03 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Doing the proper thing and starting a new thread instead.
>
> I've heard much of the famed cube effect, and I think I have an
> adequately powerful test box on which to run it.
>
> I'd like to setup the cube effect on my test box in time for an
> installfest i'm holding at school this Saturday (morning).
>
> What are the keywords I need to google?

Try "Compiz Fusion" and see what you learn from there.  After you have
that successfully working, enabling the cube effect is just a matter of
configuring preferences.  You should not have much trouble getting
Compiz installed if you have an Nvidia card with binary drivers working.
I'd check to see if Fedora has a package for it (I'm not a Fedora user).
Good luck!

--Jestin