The Cube Efffect [was: Yanking the Window Shade]

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:10:46 CST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 10:03 AM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've heard much of the famed cube effect, and I think I have an
> adequately powerful test box on which to run it.

Compiz.  Your machine is plenty powerful.  I'm running an (older)
2.8Ghz HT P4 with an nVidia 7600GS card and it runs everything in
Compiz very well.  A Core2 and latest generation nVidia GPU (even if
lwo end) should be fine.  I've done Compiz effects on sub-Ghz P3
machiens with old GF2MX-200 cards, and I used to run them all the time
on my old GF4MX-440 card until I upgraded to the 7600GS this
Christmas.

Jon.