KDE 4.0 Gallery

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Wed Jan 16 15:20:54 CST 2008

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Shouldn't that be KDE and Gnome both _use_ heavy window managers? or
> are you saying that KDE and Gnome are window managers?

Technically, yes. But I guess what I meant to say is that kde and gnome
are both heavy "desktop environments". I personally don't know anyone
that uses just the window managers of either kde or gnome. With fluxbox,
there really isn't anything else to it other than the window manager, so
it is an extremely light desktop environment.

But, I would be willing to bet that even the window manager app of
either kde or gnome is more of a resource hog than the likes of fluxbox.
I still use them regardless.

~Bradley