KDE 4.0 Gallery

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:59:55 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 2:34 PM, Bradley Hook <bhook at kssb.net> wrote:
> Luke -Jr wrote:
> > Only if you're comparing it to a whole similar "package"-- so if you want to
> > compare it with your XFCE desktop, you MUST INCLUDE ALL APPLICATIONS YOU USE
> > in the comparison.
>
> Yes and no. I get your argument, but seriously, KDE and GNOME are both
> heavy window managers, period. I used to prefer fluxbox, because it
> really was (is) lighter and faster in practice, even with all of my apps
> loaded. KDE and GNOME both by default run a bunch of extra stuff that
> you "might" need, but you usually don't. Granted, it's trivial to turn
> these things off if you don't want them, but by default your system will
> run slow(er).

Shouldn't that be KDE and Gnome both _use_ heavy window managers? or
are you saying that KDE and Gnome are window managers? I use fluxbox
on my home server, its ok.. nothing exciting though -- just nice and
slim, which is what i wanted.

I have found even minimal customizations of Fluxbox to be not worth
the effort, so mine is very much in its vanilla state right now. But
again, it's more than enough for th purposes I wanted it.

( www.pembo13.com )