KDE 4.0 Gallery

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Jan 15 15:47:30 CST 2008

On Mon, January 14, 2008 21:50, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> All reports are that KDE4 is lighter than KDE3. I wouldn't consider
> KDE bloatware myself, but I guess that is subjective.

It would be hard to compare them at this point, since 4 is so unfinished,
but KDE has been working very hard to make it's code more efficient, so
they may well come out as the lightest of the vista/leopard/kde4 group.

3.5.7/8 are pretty nice, efficient working environments.  They're not xfce
minimalists by any means, but they're not Gnome either.