Virtualization

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Thu Jan 10 11:01:52 CST 2008

Others have addressed KDE 4 so I'll skip that.

As for virtualization, I would recommend KVM which is the accelerated
code-base of QEmu. For example, you would modprobe -i intel-kvm and then run
the same syntax as the earlier posted who used qemu. It requires that your
processor has VT support.

As for Xen, kernel developers seem to agree that Xen will never be merged in
to mainline because its patches are far too intrusive and manipulative.
That, and I've read a number of blogs about bizzare hardware issues. In the
web hosting space it makes a lot more sense--the desktop space is just too
video and audio driver-ladden.