Preferred mail client?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Jan 3 10:28:58 CST 2008

On Wed, January 2, 2008 16:05, Kyle Sexton wrote:
> What mail client are people using in Linux nowadays?

I generally use kmail, because it works the way I expect it to (including
a couple of features I asked for and got).

I run fetchmail on my firewall to aggregate several accounts onto my
ancient NT4/Exchange 5.5 server - a legacy from a couple jobs and too many
years ago.

I run a Mandriva 2007 webserver which has squirrelmail on it for remote
access.  The imap interface between Ex. and Squirrel is slow with
something like 30,000 unread messages scattered over a bunch of folders,
but it's usable.

When in console, I tend to use Pine.  I never did get the hang of mutt's
configuration file, and I can make Pine do pop, imap, and/or nntp.