Preferred mail client?

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at cinlug.org
Wed Jan 2 22:27:54 CST 2008

Kyle Sexton wrote:
> What mail client are people using in Linux nowadays?  Mutt, Gnus,
> Thunderbird, Pine, mail, kmail, evolution, sylpheed?
>
> Post what you're using and why you think it's the best!
>
> Me, I'm currently using Thunderbird, but I always make my way back to
> Gnus eventually.

I use mutt 99% of the time.  I ssh into my home box from anywhere and
run mutt.  The other 1% of the time I use webmail (squirrelmail or
gmail).  I do POP my gmail so most of the time I read it in mutt.  I get
thousands of messages per day and GUI and web clients tend to choke on
the amount of mail I get (and keep - I rarely delete anything).  Mutt's
able to handle my giant mail archive and that's the primary reason I use
it.