Comcast and Postfix

ckeeter at comcast.net ckeeter at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 09:51:57 CST 2008

Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker and need a shove in the right direction.

I've been getting my email on Ubuntu box for a while, Fetch gets the mail and postfix sends it out, Recently Comcast has been forcing me to use the 587 port for sending mail. and I'm at a loss on how to get it to work in postfix. I can't even send mail to a 3rd part mailhost, so they have locked me out of port 25.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it and can point me in the correct direction, this has been driving me crazy.

Thanks!!

Chuck Keeter