Printers

Eric Johnson ericlj63 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:17:16 CST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 8:23 AM, Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a difference between "unfriendly" and "not automatically
> detected".  If you want unfriendly, look to lexmark.  As I understand

I would include the Canon Pixma multifunctions in the unfriendly
category. I have an MP450 and had to get a 3rd party closed driver to
support the scanner and everything.

I maybe could have made it work given time, but I needed both the
printer and scanner up and running in about 2 hours.

(Of course, this was a few months ago and the whole
support/non-support may have changed.)

Even with that, if I need something to look "just so", it's better to
hook it up to my Windows laptop instead of my Linux desktop.

--

Eric Johnson

"Where your pleasure is, there is your treasure: where your treasure,
there your heart; where your heart, there your happiness."
Saint Augustine