Wanted: Cheap, Linux compatible wireless card

Ty Unes riverty at kc.rr.com
Thu Aug 28 22:52:42 CDT 2008

Matthew,

I am writing this post on a Dell P-III laptop running Xubuntu in my
basement. I'm connected wireless to my router upstairs. The adapter I'm
using is an SMC EZ Connect USB 2.0 adapter plugged into the one and only
USB port on the machine. It works great and I didn't have to use
ndiswrapper. Pretty much plug-and--play. Xubuntu, for some reason,
requires me to "restart" /etc/init.d/networking after bootup to get
connected. It doesn't connect automatically on boot but I believe this
is an Xubuntu shortcoming rather than a problem with the adapter. Once
connected, it's stable. I think I paid about $30.00 for the adapter new
in box.

My two cents. Hope you find something that works for you.

Ty Unes - riverty at gmail.com