idea: a managed linux distribution, for weak users

Geoffrion, Ron P [IT] Ron.Geoffrion at sprint.com
Fri Aug 22 17:34:49 CDT 2008

>> Some don't care about the decor and want a inexpensive, utilitarian environment.

And this is exactly the target market for this idea, imho. For the poor and for grandma. And some grandmas will pay a premium for it (to subsidize the poor? see LawrenceFreenet.org).

Give me a browser (with flash, adobe), email, media viewing (pics/video), and maybe a gnucash (quicken), and a backup that just works.

No OS wars, just an internet appliance that allows me to experience the internet - see, hear, contribute, communicate.

I thought seriously about an enterprise similar to this. My lazy self over-ruled my business self in the end.  (I was in my own business for seven years in a previous life).  Steady paychecks are not readily dismissed anymore - kids are going to college now...

Signed,

Wage Slave.

Why don't they call layoffs 'emancipation'?