Of interest as it covers neutrality issues potentially impacting Linux

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 21:48:06 CDT 2008

Well, considering that no one has done the test of downloading from GMail
via Firefox masquerading as IE7, it's unclear whether it's GMail or IE7
doing the borking.  We know that GMail will refuser to allow executable
attachments (allegedly due to concerns about "viruses", but perhaps also to
avoid being used to distribute warez), so we can't discount out of hand that
Google is at fault, rather than Microsoft.

I'd say the matter warrants further research before any conclusions can be
reached.