what ever happened to linux?(Rep. Cleaver/immigration rants, etc.)

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Aug 12 23:03:50 CDT 2008

Craig Aldinger wrote:
> I may be just a reader of the forum for the vast majority of the posts
> arriving at my electronic doorstep but, I feel rather mystified..... I
> thought this is the Kansas City LINUX Users Group.
> While I can be massively entertained by the
> sociological/political/religious meanderings of some folks who post
> here, my primary interest is in learning as much as I can about, you
> guessed it, LINUX.
> So, howzaboutit? If some folks wish to beat each other about the head
> and shoulders in a virtual world, why not go pick an open field and go
> at it for real instead of wasting our collective in-boxes with non-linux
> trivia?

I have an Ubuntu Linux-related question.

I've been running an Ubuntu server for several months. I'm very pleased
with how easy it is to run. Uptime is very good. On the other hand, I
swear that Time Warner is interfering with my connection from home to
the server which is located elsewhere. Time Warner provides Internet
service to both locations. I'm getting dropped pages and seeing an
inability to submit forms on the remote server. I'm using Firefox 3 at
home on a laptop running Windows XP. I seldom see the same problem when
the laptop is on the same network as the server.

Can folks recommend any good network analysis tools that we can install
on the server?

Chuck