Reply from Congressman Emanuel Cleaver concerning OrphanWorksActof 2008

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:27:43 CDT 2008

Well, considering how huge our deficit and debt are, I think that's probably
about right.  We gotta start paying for what we're spending at some point.
And before someone cries about it, I probably pay more in taxes than most.
I will be just as impacted.

America needs to return to fiscal responsibility.  That means balanced
budgets and paying for wars and other expenditures with increased taxation.
Yes, it will hurt.  Arguing for "tax breaks" when we have a record deficit
and a record debt is silly.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that