HP Rant 2

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:26:15 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
>> > Last time I checked, any such condition on a warranty is illegal.
>>
>> Where did you check last time. Specifically?
>
> Last night when I began having issues using the refill.
> Too bad my warranty expired a long time ago.

Anyone remember the "Warranty void is seal broken" sticker fiasco on
the early Eee PC netbooks?  In the US they couldn't mandate who could
open a service panel and also could not mandate what was put in there,
and it would have been the burden of proof on ASUS that such
procedures directly caused whatever problem one would be having under
the warranty.  A business cannot specifically mandate that one uses
their parts (ie, OEM carts) to service their products.  And they
cannot refuse warranty service based one the simple use of third party
products alone, they must prove cause of failure.

Jon.