win95/98/ME and printers. An ethics issue comparable to DRM servers or not?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:56:25 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com>wrote:

> Leo, to be honest instead of asking others to look for you, why don't you
> go look yourself?  It's not hard.  There are dozens of printers available
> for under $100, some for $50 or less.  You can Google "printer under $100"
> or check shopping sites.  Newegg.com lists 85 printers for $100 or less.
> There are quite a few $50 or less.
>
> As far as what's a good printer, 99% of people need just a regular color
> inkjet (and to be honest most of those really don't need the color).  My
> main buying consideration is how the cartridges are used, I prefer a
> separate black cartridge.

I bought an incredibly awesome printer from MicroCenter that is wireless,
has a scanner, full color printing, has a remote administration webpage, and
works great in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, and it was $120.  It's the HP
PhotoSmart 4385.  Granted, it was on special and normally $150.
Oh, and the drivers for Linux come with CUPS.

--
Chris