Job Announcement #2

Steven Danz steven-danz at kc.rr.com
Thu May 31 21:00:35 CDT 2007

Everyone,

Yes, another job opening where I currently work.  (This one is actually
my job :-)
Feel free to send me any questions about the position.  Again, if you
have real
interest in applying but want to first see what its all about, I might
be able to
arrange a time for a tour through the place (though I might not be able
to do it).
There is M$ in the building for administrative stuff, but 99% of all the
'real
work' at the facility is with Linux, from 4 monitor workstations through
8 way
servers, all supporting aviation forecasting.

Steven

RS Information Systems is a federal systems integrator and is looking to
fill
a Principal Consultant position for a contract at the Aviation Weather
Center
(AWC) in Kansas City.  It's a full-time position with benefits (insurance,
vacation, 401K with matching, spot bonuses, education assistance,
etc.).  The
job requires significant software development skills within a Linux
environment, and will require coordination with many outside interests.

The job duties and responsibilities include:
 * Lead developer for the ongoing support and continuing evolution of NOAA's
   ADDS website (http://adds.aviationweather.gov) and coordination of the
   development with the National Center for Atmospheric Research and the
FAA.
 * Provide 24x7 support for the infrastructure supporting the ADDS website
   as well as assigned portions of the AWC operations environment

Skills and qualifications:
 * 5+ years experience recent Unix/Linux background (preferably RedHat
Linux)
 * C++, C, Java, JavaScript, PHP, Perl, SQL languages
 * Experience in project documentation
 * Excellent oral & written communication skills
 * Willingness to support operations 24x7 on call
 * Experience with Apache administration

If you are interested please submit a resume/application via the 'Apply'
button at:
https://careers.rsis.com/recruiter/cc/CCJobResultsAction.ss?command=ViewJobDetails&job_REQUISITION_NUMBER=7863