Job Announcement

Steven Danz steven-danz at kc.rr.com
Thu May 31 20:59:13 CDT 2007

Everyone,

Another job opening where I currently work.  Feel free to send me any
questions
about the position.  If you have real interest in applying but want to first
see what its all about, I might be able to arrange a time for a tour through
the place.  There is M$ in the building for administrative stuff, but 99% of
all the 'real work' at the facility is with Linux, from 4 monitor
workstations
through 8 way servers, all supporting aviation forecasting.

Steven

RS Information Systems is a federal systems integrator and is looking to
fill
a Senior Software Development Engineer position for a contract at the
Aviation
Weather Center (AWC) in Kansas City.  It's a full-time position with
benefits
(insurance, vacation, 401K with matching, spot bonuses, education
assistance,
etc.).  The job requires significant software development skills within
a Linux
environment, and will require coordination with many outside interests.

The job duties and responsibilities include:
 * Lead developer in the transition of new technologies from the research
   community into operations at the AWC.
 * Point of contact for the continuing development and maintenance of
   software after it has been transitioned into operations the AWC.

Skills and qualifications:
 * 3-5 years experience
 * Recent Unix/Linux background (preferably RedHat Linux)
 * C++ & C programming languages
 * Experience with a variety of scripting languages (e.g., bash, csh,
sh, etc.)
 * Experience in project documentation
 * Excellent oral and written communication skills
 * Experience scientific software development background
 * Willingness to support operations 24x7 on call

If you are interested please submit a resume/application via the 'Apply'
button at:
https://careers.rsis.com/recruiter/cc/CCJobResultsAction.ss?command=ViewJobDetails&job_REQUISITION_NUMBER=7864