Duel moniters on Fedora6

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon May 14 21:13:48 CDT 2007

On Monday 14 May 2007 05:41:13 pm Jon Pruente wrote:

> Turns out acceleration works on my old 600MHz iBook too.  It's got an
> ATI Mobility Radeon with 16MB VRAM in it on an AGP bus  ...

> Of course there are no proprietary drivers for ATI on PPC.

What there are, of course, are the Apple/*BSD drivers that ATI must provide if
Apple is going to use their hardware.  Simplest way for ATI to handle this is
to just contribute to the OS BSD drivers and make sure they pass Apple's
muster.

While Apple continues to release closed, OS unfriendly,
lawsuit-as-a-business-model software, their choice of a BSD OS as the basis
for their system has had some positive consequences from those of running
actually Open systems.