Duel moniters on Fedora6

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:41:13 CDT 2007

> ATi already makes commits to the Free r300 driver...

Turns out acceleration works on my old 600MHz iBook too.  It's got an
ATI Mobility Radeon with 16MB VRAM in it on an AGP bus  and on a whim
I enabled desktop effects in Ubuntu 7.04.  To my surprise it worked
right off.  Of course there are no proprietary drivers for ATI on PPC.
 The effects worked ok, especially considering the old chipset and
slow CPU.  I turned it off after a while, of course, because who wants
to be eating up CPU time and power on a battery operated system...

Jon.