Using USB memory key as boot directory for older computer?

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:17:18 CDT 2007

On a second note, for those who want to do a full install to flash
media of any sort, it's best to NOT use swap space on the device.
Flash media has limited write cycles and running swap on it will run
down your devices lifetime.  If you have a (somewhat) disposable
device, putting swap on it may speed up your system a little, but it
might also lead to memory errors in the future.  Keep an eye out on
all those guys running ReadyBoost in Vista, as it's a long term file
caching system and does not do a bunch of R/W operations like swap
does.

Jon.