The key to getting more Windows users to switch to Linux

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 11:27:05 CDT 2007

On 6/24/07, RtX <riverty at gmail.com> wrote:
> I totally agree with you. I, and many others, have totally replaced Windows
> with Linux EXCEPT for games. You still can't go to the local store and get a
> copy of the latest kick-ass game and play it in Linux. If game vendors could
> get their minds around this, Windows would be in much doo doo. OpenGL has to
> get with it harder than they have though.

OpenGL is a graphics library standard, there is no "they" to it that
makes devs use it. ;)  There are tons of Windows games that used to
run in OpenGL, and IIRC some still do.  It's an API spec, and even MS
used to be on the OpenGL Architecture Review Board.  Mesa is a free
work-alike implementation of the OpenGL API.

Jon.