SATA PT2

Jeremy Fowler jeremy.f76 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:00:16 CDT 2007

Well don't get RAID 10 confused with RAID0+1. With RAID10 your stripped set
wouldn't fail unless both drives of a single mirrored set failed, since RAID
10 is a stripped set of mirrored drives. RAID 1+0 is two stipped sets
mirrored together and here one of the stripped sets would fail if a single
drive failed.

I use RAID 0 in my home PC because I want the pure performance of a stripped
set, and I'm a risk taker... ;-)