SATA PT2

RtX riverty at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 22:52:37 CDT 2007

I have built quite a few quad-core machines. Mostly AMD, a few Intel. All of
them SATA. Recently, I have built 2 RedHat servers for the University of
Maryland, all SATA. SCSI is good, no doubt, but expensive. SATA is fast,
stable, and cheap and certainly considered and used for server use.

On 6/4/07, Earle Beason <Earle-Beason at kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Thanks to everybody who clued me in on what I needed for duel sata,
>
> I seen a demonstration computer running a quad core processor with SUSE
> 10.3 and thought to myself it time to update the server, I already have
> four IDE drives totaling 750G, on a win98/XP system. that somewhat works
> and a 40G Sata have been playing around with while learning Linux.
>
> The tech wold seems to be leaning heavily toward SATA for future
> developments, So i figured i might as well go that route for now. If I
> could afford 1T SCSI HD, I would go that route. but as it my planning is
> going know, I dumping everything into the processor.
>
> I am going to build a new server with the quad core that is just out or
> is coming out, So far I think I going with the Kentfield processor from
> Intel, unless the Barcelona (sp?) from AMD seems to better suit me when
> I get it time to go shopping. The Mobo I saw an Asues that I still
> checking into.

RtX...

Ty Unes - Overland Park, Ks.
riverty at gmail.com