SATA PT2

Earle Beason Earle-Beason at kc.rr.com
Mon Jun 4 21:40:42 CDT 2007

Thanks to everybody who clued me in on what I needed for duel sata,

I seen a demonstration computer running a quad core processor with SUSE
10.3 and thought to myself it time to update the server, I already have
four IDE drives totaling 750G, on a win98/XP system. that somewhat works
and a 40G Sata have been playing around with while learning Linux.

The tech wold seems to be leaning heavily toward SATA for future
developments, So i figured i might as well go that route for now. If I
could afford 1T SCSI HD, I would go that route. but as it my planning is
going know, I dumping everything into the processor.

 I am going to build a new server with the quad core that is just out or
is coming out, So far I think I going with the Kentfield processor from
Intel, unless the Barcelona (sp?) from AMD seems to better suit me when
I get it time to go shopping. The Mobo I saw an Asues that I still
checking into.