Smallest footprint "daily use" Linux installs.

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Jun 4 16:47:36 CDT 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 12:36:21 pm Oren Beck wrote:

> Overview is: A fully functional install with minimal yet complete tools
> for recovery.
> However the functionality has to include daily use items such as web
> browser,light office etc.

The laptop I used three or four years ago in England with Mandrake 10.1 on it
does not have enough disk space to run any of the big, current distros like
Mandriva or Ubuntu, and while it can run DSL, I couldn't find any of my
network cards that I could get DSL to support.

Some people talk about Linux extending the life of old hardware - their old
hardware must be a lot newer than my old hardware.