Speaking of phones...

Matthew Copple mcopple at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:12:58 CDT 2007

I'm about to get a new one. Not an iPhone -- I have better things to
do with $600. I am, however, looking to replace my Audiovox XV-6600
and its Windows Mobile with something Linux compatible.

I almost went with the Treo two years ago, when I bought this one, but
kept hearing of problems with hearing the caller on the other end.
Having used a phone for the last two years that requires near-complete
silence to be able to use effectively, I am fully paranoid about the
matter now.

Are there any suggestions for PDAPhones which are compatible with
Linux (for syncing contacts, appointments, etc.) and at the very
least, provide minimally acceptable call quality (that is, at least
comparable to one of the low-end "free" phones)? My wife has one of
those freebies, and it rocks compared to the tinny crap I try to
listen to when I use my phone.

--
Matthew Copple
mcopple at gmail.com

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the
arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage
of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world
do not have."

-- President Ronald Reagan