Question about the list and follow up to advice questions

cragos at gmail.com cragos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 20:45:07 CST 2007

I moved all the way back to KC to attend KCLUG meetings, and I've
already missed two.

I could set up some sort of reminder myself, but it might be more
useful to have an automated mailer send messages out to the group at
large or a second mailing list.  Can the list admin set up a second
list, perhaps kclug-announce, with announcements about forthcoming
meetings 24 hours prior, and announcements about special events as
needed?

PS: If anyone's wondering, I'm good and settled now, up in NKC.  At my
apartment complex, the only ISP options were SBC and Roadrunner.  As
the reason Speakeasy was unable to provide service was that my area
was on an SBC DSL repeater to which they didn't have access.  Not
having any interest in being on an overloaded repeater, I went the TW
route.