from the libertarian newspaper

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 15:55:27 CST 2007

On 1/22/07, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> That's why companies like nVidia and ATi continue to violate the licensing
> terms on Linux...

I still have yet to see someone point out where the licensing terms of
Linux preclude the use of binary drivers.  I'm  not aware of them
using any GPL code and disclosing it, but I do know of them releasing
closed code drivers.  Closed code is not against the Linux license,
AFAIK, so long as that code does not include code from an Open
license, such as the GPL.  Where is it written that closed binary
drivers are against the GPL?  They may be against the spirit of it,
but not against the actual terms.