Security approaches for local Vs remote users- comments needed.

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Feb 21 11:36:45 CST 2007

 If you memory is good, make up a password you can remember.   Barring
that, write your password on a card and put it in your wallet or
someplace that locks with a key that you carry at all times.

This is not rocket science.  Companies hopefully have disaster recovery
plans that include off-site backups, network diagrams, wiring diagrams,
building plans  locked server rooms w/ limited access, and documentation
(change logs) on each server including the passwords.  You lock all this
stuff up in a fireproof safe.

As a user, you can include as much of this safety as you need.  You can
get a fireproof safe from Wallyworld for ~$20.