Security approaches for local Vs remote users- comments needed.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:27:59 CST 2007

I will keep the opening concept model simple.

There are obvious differences in multiuser systems and a "single user
personal" one.
Many of us are in that "single user" class. And often are testing
distro installs for short times then starting over. I propose an
intentionally less "secure" password recovery mode.

Some method to replicate the "paperclip soft reset" function.

Any comments on how one would best do so?

TIA

Oren