Linux on a Saturn V?

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 06:40:09 CST 2007

Ok- this a question of "could it ever ?"

Several folks have proposed  American funding for Big  Dumb Boosters.
Think a cloned only slightly updated Saturn V. Problem being that NASA has
made "Lawn Ornaments" of all the unused ones they had, then shredded or
burned all the project docs.
Which included ***ALL** known copies of the software. So even if that
mythical "found one complete in a warehouse" scenario were true?
We would have to recreate software not only to fly the bird, but to support
it. That is quite likely the same level of complexity as writing code for
ANY such giant rockets.If we copy a Saturn V or make the not yet hatched
Saturn VI.
 Thus it becomes viable to consider Linux and it's ancillary tool sets

Then again - would you ever be able to find enough coders in any other
STABLE viable OS?

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645