Screen Goes Black after running Xserver

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Thu Jan 19 14:15:50 CST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 11:30 -0800, Linux Rocks wrote:

>         I just upgraded debian to 3.1 sarge and still facing the same
>         problem. By the way TravelMate260 has ati's i810 driver. That
>         was the only driver I my machine would work with.

Wow, there's a lot of mis-information in this thread. First, Debian has
NOT disabled CTRL+ALT+F switching in ANY release. I suspect that Brian
has a problem with keymaps.

Second, there is no such thing as an ATI i810. There's an INTEL i810 but
not ATI. We need to know more information. Who makes your motherboard?
Who makes your integrated video chipset? Have you installed the
proprietary drivers? Are you having any other troubles? (We need to know
if any other problem is releated.)