Disappointed in Google

Joe Fish reverend.joe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:57:36 CST 2006

I can't say I'm DISAPPOINTED in Google -- I use what they offer that appeals
to me, and leave off the rest -- there's no REQUIREMENT to use Google Pack
if you want to use their search or the always-increasingly-cool Google Maps.

That said, they'll go along way towards convincing me NOT to use what
services they do offer (and, more importantly (to them), thereby lose my
eyeballs as an ad-receptacle mechanism) if they keep THIS (
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/08/google_drm_question/) kinda cr4p up

(Yes, I realize Ashlee Vance is a wanker, but, for once, he raises a valid
point ... It's incongruous, to me, at least, to say "do no evil" out of one
side of your mouth, and then say, "just wait for our shiny, new, non-evil
DRM tech" out the other ... )

JOE