Taking a poll on mail client reply

Tom Bruno tom at limesg.com
Tue Jan 3 16:05:31 CST 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> On 1/3/06, *Tom Bruno* <tom at limesg.com <mailto:tom at limesg.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm tired of hitting reply and then realizing my reply went
>     directly to the person and not the list.
>
>     It doesn't make sense to _ME_ to default replying to off list because
>     the whole
>     point of the list is to see the questions and the answers.
>
>     So i propose that we change the mailing list to put
>     kclug at kclug.org <mailto:kclug at kclug.org> first
>     in the list of whom to reply so that when people hit reply they
>     reply to
>     the list
>     since technically the list sent them the message.

The only time I can see having the user who emailed in the reply is if
it is a mailing list that allows non-subscribers to post. Since, a
non-subscriber would not see the reply if it was only sent to the list.
This is a closed, subscriber only list though.  There's no reason to
even send the message to the users e-mail. A "reply to all" the original
poster gets the message twice.

That of course is not what I'm asking. Leave the user's email or don't,
i just want the list's email listed first.