proposed solution to signal to noise ratio problem

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 02:16:06 CST 2006

On 2/21/06, Luke-Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> eh, what happened to procmail? still works here...

It'll still work whereever it gets installed and configured.  No
matter what I do to my machines though, I can still surf over to
mail.google.com and login to get my mail.  No local storage headaches,
no maintaining multiple configs for various machines headaches, no "I
just blew up my install and lost all my old email" headaches.  I'm
also not really a poweruser control freak, so I'm not very picky about
how my mail gets handled, so long as I can sort it and read it.

> Ever heard of IMAP?

Of couse. But:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10339&query=imap&topic=0&type=f

So once they get their act together I can get things sorted better.