proposed solution to signal to noise ratio problem

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 20:21:49 CST 2006

--- "Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO" wrote:

> Whatever happened to filtering mail to a folder and
> deleting en masse if
> you were too busy to catch up?  I once got about 500
> mails behind on
> this list and just wiped em all out and considered
> myself officially
> caught up.
Yep. I did that too, except it was only about 300.
Even recently, I've flagged dozens as read, because I
wasn't following or stopped following a thread.

I posted a reply to this proposed solution thread,
saying I was all for it, if a decent montior could be
found, but that it would be a lot of work, and what do

we do to the habitual offenders posting on the wrong
list? I know there are plenty of lists (because I'm on

some) where strict topic rules are enforced. KCLUG has

always been too anarchic to go that route. I doubt it
would work for KCLUG.

Brian JD