Ripping CD's

Frank Wiles frank at wiles.org
Sat Feb 11 12:20:37 CST 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:58:26 -0600
Zscoundrel <zscoundrel at kc.rr.com> wrote:

> I used Grip under FC3 and loved it, but can't get it to work properly
> under FC4.
>
> All the mp3 compatible encoders respond with an error "invalid
> encoder executable, check your encoder config".  The config looks OK
> as far as I can tell.

  Check out this page:

  http://members.lycos.co.uk/brisray/comp/cfmp3.htm

  Look down in the middle in the section called 'GRIP and MP3s'.

  Also, you'll need to make sure you have a ripper than will rip MP3s
  installed. There is no such encoder installed by default in Fedora
  systems, due to the patent problems.

> I also noticed the following error when I run Grip from a terminal
> window : (grip:3176): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length
> value has wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)

  Don't worry about this error as it has nothing to do with your
  problem.