Ripping CD's

Zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Sat Feb 11 11:58:26 CST 2006

I used Grip under FC3 and loved it, but can't get it to work properly
under FC4.

All the mp3 compatible encoders respond with an error "invalid encoder
executable, check your encoder config".  The config looks OK as far as I
can tell.

The only encoders that work are Ogg Vobis and Bladeenc.  I can get
bladeenc to produce a file with an .mp3 extension, but the mp3 player
chokes because the files is still an ogg vobis file.  I just don't see
how to get an mp3 format file to satisfy the player.

I also noticed the following error when I run Grip from a terminal window :
(grip:3176): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_get(): length value has
wrapped in calculation (did you pass G_MAXLONG?)

Not really sure where to fix this one.  I will look into it some more,
but if anyone is familiar with it and can point the right direction it
would save me some time.