Windows firewalls

Joe Brouhard jbrouhard at chansata.com
Sat Apr 29 18:43:31 CDT 2006

Okay I know this is a bit off topic, and probably get me flammed...

i have a friend who runs a Windows server (no, there is no way to
convert to linux as she's using a hosted box.  App is also locked to
Win32, so...) and it's routinely hit by portscanners and has been hacked
at least twice now.

Anyone know of *GOOD* and *DECENT* Firewalls?  Anything but Zonealarm..
it sucks balls.

She's also not really in the mood to pay for the software, so i'mlooking
for opensource options.

i was thinking of an IPtables solution, but i don't think the host will
allow cgywin installed on the box.

Thanks in advance

Joe Brouhard
jbrouhard at chansata.com