JOBOP: HP Openview contract

Hal Duston hald at kc.rr.com
Wed Apr 26 11:48:23 CDT 2006

Received at the webmaster address this morning.

----- Forwarded message from Bill Joeckel <BillJ at tricomts.com> -----

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:10:52 -0500
From: Bill Joeckel <BillJ at tricomts.com>
Subject: HP Openview contract
To: webmaster at kclug.org

I have a client that is loooking for a HP Openview consultant for a
Nimety contract in Wichita kansas. I was wondering if you knew anyone
that might be a fit.
Thanks
Bill Joeckel
Senior Technical Recruiter
TriCom Technical Services
(913) 652-0600 or (800) 280-6919
www.tricomts.com <http://www.tricomts.com/>

Principal Accountabilities:

100% Define, configure and implement event management for 200 Windows
servers. These servers report to an HP-UX master OVO server. This will
involve working heavily on the Unix master, creating and implementing
OVO templates for alerts so that appropriate groups have the appropriate
action on certain events. This engagement will also involve finalizing
the implementation of HP Reporter software for the entire Unix and
Windows server environments. Windows infrastructure background is a
must. Strong teaming behaviors are required. The ability to accurately
troubleshoot HP Openview implementations are a must. Multi-tasking is
key to success.

Additional Areas:
Research problems independently using multiple resources
Make independent decisions regarding on the spot operational and
application corrections, workloads, and operations within standardized
practices and procedures
Make recommendations regarding procedures, project scope, deadlines, and
budgets, and new technology initiatives
Apply innovation and creativity to solving problems
Verbal and written communication with I/T professionals and operational
people, using appropriate terminology and forms

Skills:
Required - Expert level knowledge of HP Openview 7.5/8.x and associated
suite of products including Reporter, OVPM, OVPA
Required - Expert level understanding of enterprise event management
discipline and technologies
Required - Expert level knowledge of performance management discipline
Required - Understanding of HP-UX and Windows 2003 as it relates to the
implementation of HP OVO
Required - Strong Perl or Shell scripting ability to implement monitors
in HP OVO

----- End forwarded message -----