Ubuntu and Kubuntu vs. Mepis.... Gentoo?

Jeremy Fowler JFowler at westrope.com
Wed Apr 5 09:48:07 CDT 2006

Why has Gentoo fallen out of favor? Doesn't anyone use Gentoo anymore besides me? Gentoo's portage and emerge utility rivals that of Debian's app-get. 2006.0 LiveCD even has a graphical installer available, though any true Linux user should be ashamed of using such a thing. ;-) I find building and compiling a fresh Gentoo installation very satisfying. I would have thought there would be more people like me on the KLUG list...