ITEC Live CD update

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Sat Oct 15 00:06:50 CDT 2005

Since we last discussed this, Ubuntu 5.10 has been released. I
downloaded it tonight and I've just discovered that there's a HUGELY
important feature on their Live CD that I think we should consider: the
"Live CD" not only includes the standard "live" Linux environment but
also a pretty Windows autorun "welcome screen" with *installers* for
OpenOffice, Mozilla Firefox and GAIM for Windows!

IMHO, this is wonderful! We can hand out a _single_ CD that promotes
using open source software on either Windows or Linux at the same time!

Download it and try it out! It's so pretty too.
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/

Anyways, this is hands-down the best "newbie" CD I've ever found. The
Ubuntu guys are really deserve a lot of accolades for this...
--
I use digital signatures and encryption. Stored at pgp.mit.edu key
"0x8DB3BF09" F628 D9D3 E57A C281 5EFE  7DF7 B52A A393 8DB3 BF09