Ruby On Rails / Web Technologies

Josh Charles josh.charles at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:36:48 CDT 2005

>   You might also want to check into mod_perl.  While there isn't a
>   name such as "Ruby on Rails" for this, Perl, mod_perl, and module
>   you can download off the CPAN can provide all of this functionality
>   in ways that don't require much "integration".

A module from CPAN?  I went over to their site and saw a ton of stuff
there.  I foresee alot of trouble getting all those things to work
together.  I installed Ruby, The Rails framework, MySQL, then went on
to create a simple list manager in the span of about an hour.

The one thing I'm missing is a really good IDE.

Something I do not yet know about it deployment.  For example, will I
just be able to copy the code onto the server once I get the database
settings set, or will I need to change access to certain folders?