wardriving a crime in Florida?

Matthew Copple mcopple at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:53:45 CDT 2005

It is widely accepted that breaking into someone's computer and using
it without their consent is a crime, or at the very least, a Bad Thing
To Do -- even if the user invites a takeover attempt by failing to
secure his system. Walking into someone's house without her permission
is also a crime, even if the owner leaves the door and windows wide
open. Hopping into an unlocked car and taking it for a drive (even if
you return it) is still theft.

How would jumping on someone's wi-fi connection be any different?

Matt