Linux Certification

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 13:59:28 CDT 2005

--- "Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO" wrote:

> ...  If someone
> got 100% on this test, I'd assume they can write
> their own macros to
> complete tasks and can remember exactly how to do
> mail-merge in whatever
> version of Office.  MS tends to change how to
> mail-merge from version to
> version or move it around in the menus.
Correction:
MS tends to change how <insert any task on any app>
from version to version or move it around in th menu
or
change/remove the shortcut key from version to
version.

;')

Something that is also beginning ot happen in certain
OSS products. But the thing that annoys me the most is
that some OSS graphical tools use strange shortcut
keys
that don't jive with the shortcut keys of the GUI and
thus one often has to remember 1500 different shortcut
keys just to "find" and "find again" in <insert editor
of the day>. I mean really how intuitive is <ctrl><g>
to "find again" some text in a page? thank you
BlueFish. Not!

Brian D.