Red Hat Clustering

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Thu Apr 21 16:41:03 CDT 2005

Quoting "D. Hageman" <dhageman at dracken.com>:

> I am looking at doing something like this at work this summer

Sounds like you're about where I'm at then. I've got five aging Solaris boxes to
replace and 14 current systems running RHELAS and they are mostly bored. Rather
than replacing the five Sun boxes with five new machines, I'm considering
purchasing a SAN and all the trimmings to use Red Hat Clustering Suite with a
subset of my existing current hardware.

I've read the rather lengthy and detailed clustering doc from RH and some white
papers here and there, but seeing this in action somewhere and being able to
chat with someone who's done it would be a big help.

I'm supposed to have a proposal together by May 15. If we end up going down this
path (I hope we do), I'll let you know how it goes.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com