Migrating to Linux - WP

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 07:09:30 CDT 2005

-
> LJ, LM, or SysAdmin -
> noted the horrible results of opening a vanilla MS
> Word doc in OO, saving
> the "changes", then re-opening it in Word.
> Formatting disaster would be
> polite.

How recent? I have to disagree with this statement. I
can only assume the writer of the article didn't know
what he was doing. I have no problems with plain
vanilla Word docs. I do have trouble with Word
retaining the update link capability between table of
contents on docs created in OO, but rarely do I have a
formatting disaster going either way.

Brian D.